Thursday, September 09, 2010

So after many, many months of thought and reflection, I decided to do something different and with a slightly more specific focus with the blog.

This has been many months in the making, and I've considered various different things I could write about, according to my various passions and hobbies, including:

1) Music. I am a cellist, part time, but since I don't often get a chance to play and I haven't set up a studio to teach in yet, this would be sparse at best.

2) Translation. Well, this isn't the most exciting thing to blog about, and it would be nice if I could write about something that I don't already spend most of the day doing, just to get away from it, you know?

3) Creative writing. I enjoy writing, and I thought this blog would be a good place to deposit some of my scribblings, but frankly, I'm just not quite brave enough yet to put rough drafts out into the public forum. Maybe that will be a different blog.

So I've found that running and endurance sports have become a new passion of mine. Given my body type and general life-long habits, this has been a big surprise for me, but over the past year and a half, I've come to not only really enjoy it, but I think I've become kind of good at running.

I've also discovered recently that I need a kind of pressure valve, as well. I've been bursting to talk my wife's ear off about my races, my experiences, my training, my research and reading, etc, etc, etc, ad nauseum. And while I'm grateful that she'll listen, I don't want to wear her out. So get ready, any readers that may be out there - I'm going to talk a lot about running here, and maybe about a couple other things, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home