Tuesday, October 30, 2007



Sheri and I just survived our second California earthquake!

About five minutes ago, our windows started to rattle and it felt like someone was parking a back-hoe in our parking lot. About ten seconds later, it felt like we were on a boat and our blinds were swaying back and forth.

"Is this an earthquake?"

"It sure feels that way."

"What do we do?"

"I dunno. Nothing's really falling off the walls, yet, I suppose."

"This is exciting!"

"I know!"

"Is it still going on?"

"I'm not sure!"

And on and on like that for another few seconds.

After jumping online, we found out that it was a 5.6-er, up north past San Jose.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

That's pretty exciting! I've never been in an earthquake before, but I'm pretty nervous about it. Glad it wasn't anything major!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Hydro said...

NUTS!

7:36 AM  
Blogger maritecita said...

I had a dream last night that Hawaii was hit with a 10 point something earthquake and that us folks in California were feeling it too. It was pretty vivid. The strongest I have felt was the 7.2 Northridge one. I still had to go to school the next day.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home