Friday, May 26, 2006

Here's a whatzup to all my homies at work that I walked away from for the last time today. Thanks for keeping it interesting, fellas.
Here's me striking out at the plate:
1. (I had just gotten out of bed and was looking particularly shaggy.)
Coworker: Gee, Pete, couldn't do anything with that hair today for us, could ya?
Me: I had a gig conducting the symphony before work.
Blank stare. Strike One.

2.
Coworker: Yeah, I originally come from Oklahoma City.
Me: Oh. Ever meet a Timothy McVeigh?
Coworker: Who?
Strike Two.

3. (At this point I'm taking off my goofy work hat and my hair's really out to grab somebody and pull them into my brain.)
Coworker: Gee, Pete, really spent some time on that hairdo today.
Me: I'm preparing for my new career in particle physics.
Tabula Freakin Rasa. Mighty Casey Strikes Out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hydro said...

awesome.

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home