Thursday, November 08, 2007



This is Ash. It's been a while since he's had an entire post dedicated to him; now seems like the most appropriate time, since both my beautiful wife and beautiful child are in St George this week.

And no, this isn't a picture of Ash sitting on the couch. It's a picture of Ash sitting on me sitting on the couch.

Anyway. Here's a story about what a responsible dog he is. Last night I'm watching the teevee, and Ash is sleeping in his bed in the other room. I look up from my homework to the sound of what I can only describe as the sound someone would make stomping through knee-deep mud wearing heavy rubber boots. Much to my surprise, Ash comes running around the corner, gagging (hence the sound), and gives me a desperate look in the eye that says, "I really don't want to do this to your carpet."

So I jump up, run to the back door, and let him out into the back yard. And sure enough, about 10 seconds later, I hear a big, KAAAAACK!!! And then Ash comes running back in, gets a drink, and goes back to bed.

What a great dog! Now, if only I could transfer that knowledge instantly to my baby girl, once she starts eating solids.

End Transmission.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Wow! Ash is a great dog! Places my dog has thrown up include: the back seat of my car, my bed, and all over the carpet, a mere inch from the tile floor.

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home