Wednesday, October 11, 2006


Random fact: it just so happens that today is the birthday of Elmore Leonards, the guy who wrote "Get Shorty," made famous by the film of same name. In celebration, I suggest one of the following activities:

1. When put on a waiting list at a restaurant, put your name down as "Elmore Leonards." Punch anyone who giggles.

2. Read a lesser-known E.L. book. If you can find one.

2. Act like Chili Palmer for a day - have an incredible flair with people, try and get into the movie business, punch someone who has mistakenly stolen your coat, date Rene Russo, or use the phrase, "Hey, look at me," before everything you say.

Random note: Should I feel uncomfortable when my dog follows me into the bathroom and stares at me as I do my business?

4 Comments:

Blogger D-Rock said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:08 PM  
Blogger D-Rock said...

I'm guessing the world is trying to remind me of where I'm from...in the past two months I have randomly stumbled (if you can actually "stumble" while on the Net) upon a HOST of East High/old neighborhood friends' sites and whatnot. The internet ceases to amaze. I have had a lot of fun wasting the last 90 or so minutes looking at thetanaught.org, listening to some samples of your group (old group, I presume), the myspace page, and now your BLOG. It's been a very Tro Miles afternoon here in Seattle. Monterey Institute, huh? I considered the MA there in translation a few years back, but somehow ended up in the field of Speech Pathology. Funny where a BA in Ling will make you turn to next, huh? Cool blog, and even cooler to see some pics. Hope things are going well for you and Sheri. Think you'll make it to the 10 year next summer?

-Derek (who apparently is having a hard time posting comments on your page...sorry for the redundancy!)

6:10 PM  
Blogger ED said...

2 Things - First, how the heck do you know when Elmore Leonard's birthday is? Seriously, that's just wierd. Second, you watch Ash do his business, and then you probably even pick it up, so from his point of view it's totally normal to watch you. I wouldn't worry unless he starts trying to get involved in the act.

10:19 AM  
Blogger D-Rock said...

my address is drwalbania (one word) and after that you can add the hotmail variety to it (sorry for being a bit cryptic, I sort of have a problem with actually putting my full blown address on sites...been spammed one too many times I guess).

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home