Thursday, October 05, 2006

Superhero Moments

One of my favorite aspect of any superhero is his ability to deftly change outfits. Clark Kent, in the original Superman films, has this great gimick where he successively progresses to smaller and smaller areas: first, an alleyway, next, the classic phone booth, and, my personal favorite, while spinning in a revolving door.
Luck would have it that I had a chance to experience the thrill of the superhero quick-change the other day.
So I usually pack another shirt to school so that I can avoid being all sweaty during class, and I usually have a few minutes to go into a proper bathroom stall and maybe put on some deodorant or something. Last friday, I had just gotten out of class and I had to ride home in a hurry. Both nearby bathrooms were buzzing with loud Asians, which I found disquieting. Time was short. What to do? I reached into my backpack, pulled out my lycra bike shirt (which does not yet sport my personal logo on the front, and headed for the nearest out-of-sight place: the stairwell right next to the bike rack. Down the stairs went mild-mannered Peter, and a few moments later out popped "Napalm-Man, defender of justice, so long as any infractions occur on the bike path between here and my house." I don't think anyone was watching, which would have been great, but on the other hand, my secret identity remains safe.

Apparently my nephew has caught on to the superhero craze. We all have one in particular that we can identify with, right? When my sister asked him who he wanted to be, he responded:



Violet Incredible.

He apparently spent the next few days parading around wearing a brunette wig combed over one eye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home