Friday, March 30, 2007

For no particular reason, I've compiled a list of famous people, both real and fictional, who have my same first name. I think everyone should try it. Not my first name, though. Yours. Of course.

Peter the Apostle
Peter Sellers (the Pink Panther)
Peter Postlethwaite (famous actor)
Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)
Peter Weller (Robocop)
Peter the Great (emperor of Russia)
Peter Jackson (director, Lord of the Rings)
Peter Parker (Spiderman)
Peter Mitchell (Tom Cruise on Top Gun, which is ironic because when Josh and I would play Top Gun as kids, I would insist on always being Pete Mitchell, aka Maverick, though not cause we had the same first name.)
Peter Schickele (composer)

I can't think of any more right now.
This was a pointless exercise.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The interesting thing about your name to me is how many cellists I knew that were named Peter. I think I counted 5 in my life at one point. Bizarre. MRL

4:41 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Duh, Peter. Peter Gabriel, Peter Brienholt (of course), Peter Gallagher of the O.C., Peter, Paul and Mary, Pete Rose, Peter Pan, Peter Piper who picked a peck of pickled peters, Pete Townsend,and St. Peter. Don't ask me to think of any Rachel's, because I can't. Most of these names came from my friend TerriLyn who is reading over my shoulder, by the way.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home