Saturday, March 17, 2007


Well, so we've returned safe and sound from the third world. What a blast. Above you can see a demonstration of my new mad surfing skills.

Here's a written recap of some of the highlights:

1) Driving the 50 miles of dirt roads to get to Nosara, the little surfing community where we sojourned
2) Getting immediately sunburned
3) Staying at the Lodge Vista del Mar, which in Spanish means Place Packed with Crazy Animals, where we were accompanied by a host of howler monkeys, a pack of racoon-like Costa Rican Pizotes, a rock-eating iguana, and a freakin huge jumping green lobster that looked kind of like a grasshopper. We all just about peed our pants. Especially me.
4) Lots and lots and lots of surfing
5) Going on the largest, longest zipline in the world, carrying us 2000 feet at a time 400 feet above the jungle floor
6) Awesome Costa Rican cuisine (the Mexican restaurants especially)
7) Last but not least, our harrowing traverse of the mountains along the Panamerican Highway, which as it turns out is nothing more than a single-lane road with literally NO shoulder, making it necessary for all disabled tree-carrying semis to stop right in the dead center of the road so as you have to pass them quickly with only a general idea of what might be coming down the pike in the other direction. I tell you, them Costa Ricans who kept passing me must have ice water running through their veins.

Good to be back.

On a side note, our baby is now the size of a lime and weighs half an ounce.

End Transmission.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Welcome Home! I'm glad you had so much fun - it sounds like it was great. Howler monkeys? I've always wanted to go someplace where monkeys were just hanging out! I can't wait to hear more, and I want more pix! A lime? Ha Ha! I've got a banana or something like that. My baby is bigger than yours.....

10:08 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

Man, that sounds so awesome. I am impressed with your surfing. Whitley says, "cowabunga dude."

8:37 AM  
Blogger The Bombic said...

Jealous.

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home