Monday, August 20, 2007

Alright, so Concours is over, and since most of the sweeet rides that I saw were on the freeway and I couldn't get the camera out fast enough as they passed me, here are some pics of the highlights. There were:

LOADS of these:



As well as tons of other cool ones like these:




The highlight, for me at least, was that on two occasions I saw a truck hauling around the Ferris Buhler & Cameron Fry Dreamcar: The 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California:



Just passing it on the freeway gave me the urge to rub it with a diaper, and afterward get a nice stretch limo with a teevee and-a bar to drive around in.

Anyway, apparently the $200 entry fee (along with a $75 brochure) gets you a peek at more than simple Ferraris. The real showpieces all arrived, and left, in large trailers, their tires never to touch Monterey asphalt. Here's a picture of the winner of "Best In Show":



An interesting story about this Duzenberg. It's known as the "Mormon Meteor." Once owned by Salt Lake mayor Ab Jenkins, it held the 24-hour speed record in 1935 and was sold in 2004 for a record $4.4 million. Just in case you were curious. Anyway.

Let's see, anything else going on?

I've found a cool bunch of single-track mountain bike trails that I've taken to riding. Frankly, I didn't think I'd ever really find anything that geographically interesting to ride out here, but these provide plenty of hills for my fat bottom, plus the occasional sand pit, so that you can be cruising down a nice slope and then all of a sudden find your front wheel 4 inches in the ground. good stuff. Oh yeah, and I sat on my pouf the other day and squashed a spider. That was gross.

Sher's still doing fine. We're all extremely anxious for the Arrival. Especially Ash. You can see it in his eyes.

End Transmission.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

When you were talking about sports cars, I had no idea that these kinds of things were what you were talking about. That's pretty cool! And the Ferris Quote...classic. I'll love Cameron forever. Let my Cameron go....

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will pass this on to Hannah. She gets super excited about interesting car designs. What a fun chick.

MRL

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home