Friday, July 13, 2007


I think NPR is turning into a comedy station. I keep hearing these comedic gems to and from work. My question is what sort of demographic NPR is aiming at.

On the one hand, you have very high-brow, news-savvy humor, straight from the horse's mouth:

Condolezza Rice: "I wouldn't call the efforts in Iraq a faliure, no. And I wouldn't say that none of the recommended policies have been implemented. There are a couple that definitely have been considered. I would call them a work in progress. There are definitely a small number of areas in which the forces are making some headway in a small scope of efforts."

And on the other hand, you have the lowest-brow, most juvenile humor on the market:

Conversation between (The) Mr Rogers and a Mercury 7 astronaut:

"So how do you go to the potty on your way to the moon? A young friend of mine wrote to me, he was very concerned about that."

"Well, it's a lot like it is here on earth; it's just when you make a BM, you keep it in a plastic bag."

Be honest. Which one made you laugh harder? Remember, that was the Mr. Rogers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

oh, I'm laughing. Again.

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home