Thursday, November 30, 2006

Oh my goodness, the nostalgia deepens. So I found myself the other day with about $5 left on my iTunes Birthday Gift Certificate and couldn't think of what to do with it without dipping into my savings and buying another album. So what did I do? I went on this strange mission to find all these extremely weird and obscure bands that I was exposed to during my colorful junior-high years. And I hit the jackpot. And I downloaded. Now albeit that these songs that I got will never appear on any Top 500 list, or even my own top 10 list, but Boy are they enjoyable to listen to. I click on "Nesbitt's Lime Soda," sit back, and remember my old friend, Ben Bush, who was listening to such iconoclasts as Tom Waits and Negativland when I was still discovering the New Kids on the Block. Bless you, Ben, and your totally innovative musical tastes. Question: if that's what you were listening to when we were 12, what on earth could you be listening to now?

ps- I hope you google your name and this post appears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home