Monday, November 27, 2006


Three major events happened in my life since last I posted.

1. We moved. I spent nearly a week hauling stuff to our new place. Thanks to my friend Akoni for giving me a hand with the furniture.

2. My 28th Birthday. Josh, I never thanked you properly for the iTunes certificate. It went to great use and you'll be getting a mix in the mail sometime in December.

3. Thanksgiving. I love it. I'm a big fan.

There's an interesting way that all three of these events tie together. It's weird and nostalgic, so if you're not in the mood just come back later. While moving, I was finally able to unpack all of my cd's and store them in a nice home that spins. I rediscovered what a fanatic I was about making mix cd's and used the hours I was unpacking all of the other stuff to peruse my old favs and contemplate getting older. Interesting it is how my musical tastes have changed so much but I can still rock out to Living Color and vintage Pearl Jam. Not to mention "El Scorcho," that piece of brilliace that Weezer issued back in the late '90's. What a scream.

The nostalgia continued through Thanksgiving, even though Sher and I weren't able to travel back home. But it was more like I was rediscovering and reconnecting with all this old garbage that I hadn't thought about since we moved here. You know how people say, "you can't go home again?" As in, after you leave a place you instantly begin evolving so that when you return you're likely to view the place as entirely alien to you? Well it can be true, but it's more like you take everything with you anyway, and just examine it under different microscopes. My memories of Utah, for example, become much sweeter when I look at them from under the California lens.

ps- holy moly I almost forgot. Some carpenter from Massachussets broke the single-word high scrabble score this week. "Quixotry," spelled through an R on top of two triple word scores = 830 points. Needless to say, he also broke the single-play and game high score records. How d'you like that quixotry?!?!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Bombic said...

EL SCORCHO! I used to scream that song at the top of my lungs much to my parent's delight. I love how it's the epitome of political correctness.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home