Wednesday, December 06, 2006



My dog is beginning to remind me of HJ Osment's Android-genous character in that creepy movie, AI. Do you remember? That robot whose only purpose in life is to love and be loved but it doesn't really turn out that way because he tries so hard to prove his love and devotion to his mother that he almost ends up stabbing her in the eye with a pair of scissors, and generally alienates himself from humankind? Yeah, that's my dog. All he wants out of his time on earth is to show his love and affection for the People. And he does generally end up just annoying us or whapping us with his butt-whipping move, or spilling a glass of soda on the new carpet as he rolls over, or incessantly jumping on our laps until we have to yell at him to stop. Like today, for instance. I had to sit on the floor for a second to connect to the internet (long story), and the poor little bugger who just wanted to be loved and petted came right over and plopped himself right in my lap. But not just in my lap. More like his front half was in my lap and the rest of him, as much as he could manage, made it onto my stomach and chest. And though he was as awake and hyper as ever, he promptly put his head down on my leg, and began to look around suspiciously as if to say, "What? I've always been here. You just happened to sit down under my butt."
And another thing: you remember how that movie ended? How HJ chose to reconstruct his mother just so that he could spend eternity asleep in her unconscious arms? That freaked the crap out of me. I don't know why. But anyway, no matter how awake my dog is, if you let him curl up next to you, he's gone. Sawing logs. For as long as you're there. I swear if he had his choice he'd do the same as HJ.

Well, that's it for today, with two minor observations to leave you with:

1. Geez, my blog is getting kind of dark. Well, I guess it can't all be rainbows and sunshine.

2. If you can, avoid dealing with employees of the Seaside, CA Department of Motor Vehicles. They're even worse than real estate agents (see previous posts).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home