Friday, January 12, 2007

I think I'm suffering from some sort of brain cloud. The last couple of days, I can't seem to make the connection between what I've said to people, how they answer me, and then realize that they actually answered the question that I was asking. Two examples:

1) In my job I was sending out emails looking for a sign-language interpreter in the Seattle area. I got a response from one girl who said, "There must be some kind of mistake. I'm deaf. Did you think I could hear?" Confused, I wrote back, "No, knew you were deaf. I'm looking for an ASL interpreter." It took me a god ten minutes to realize that, hey, if she's deaf...how could she possibly interpret...FOR THE DEAF?!!? Pretty Stupid.

2) My friend Ryan emailed me today, asking if he and his wife could drive up and visit sometime. He added, "I heard Greg is driving up to visit, too, during his spring break. Wouldn't you be in school then?" To which I replied, stupidly, "Actually he and I have different spring breaks."

Good grief.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home