Saturday, January 06, 2007


Back from vacation. What a trip. Highlights:
1) The entertaining drive from Vegas to St George at 2 in the bloody morning. Much obliged to and entertained by my mother in law.
2) My first official snowboarding experience which included 15 degree weather, a steady snowstorm and the inevitable bruised tailbone, balanced by one of the most satisfying soaks in a hot tub EVER.
3) Of course the holiday cheer of family and friends. I have the most adorable and fussy niece on the planet. Thanks to her, I've constantly had the theme music to her signlanguage video stuck in my head. But my signlanguage vocab has increased by at least 1000%.
4) After examining hours of video of both French Parkour masters and Cirque du Soleil, coming away with the knowledge that the human body can do absolutely anything.

Now, of course, we're home and reorganizing our lives, trying to trim some pounds off ourselves and off our sausage of a dog, and me trying desperately to arrange my work and school schedules, and convincing the superhero that I married that this is a difficult undertaking.

New Year's Questionnaire:
How panicked am I about finding an internship this summer that will both pay the rent and not take me away from home?
Should I even consider going on tour with the band?
What resolutions should I make?
How specific?
When exactly do new year's resolutions take effect?
Midnight on December 31st?
The morning after?
Upon opening the door when you get back from your holiday vacation?
How about the first complete week of the new year, so you have that one weekend to sort things out?
Um, okay, I don't start school until the 22nd- how 'bout then?

End transmission.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

For the record, Romney is not always that fussy. Often, yes, but always....no. She has good days too! Thanks for coming up - we had a great time hanging out a little. Wish we could have seen you more. No comment on the resolutions. Mine are already largely shot.

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home