Thursday, February 01, 2007

I had one of those moments yesterday when I realized that I am becoming my father. When I was young, it was standard practice on the ride home after a winning University of Utah game for my father to listen to the Bill Marcroft post-game show at head banging levels. This would change to NPR in other circumstances. I remember on several Saturday occasions being able to distinctly hear, "You're listening to NPR, this is Scott Simon," from the living room (NOT near the driveway).

So the other day I get into my car and turn it on and I'm physically taken aback at how high I had the radio on. And do you know what greeted my ears? "You're listening to Morning Edition, I'm Peter Segel..."

I journey further on into the depths of nerd-dom...

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

How true, how true. Half of the time in the mornings and evenings I just don't feel right and then I realize I haven't had any NPR that day. Sometimes I don't even listen too closely to the news (Okay, okay, I'm burnt out on hearing about Iraq) but I just want to hear the soothing voices. "Good Evening, this is MEE-chell Norris..." I know.

8:15 PM  
Blogger D-Rock said...

What's better, Mr. Miles, is that even I rememeber Leonard listening to NPR pretty much ANY time we were in the car (carpools, CDT, whatever) with the volume turned up a bit more than I liked.

But not to come down hard on your old man...I remember a time when he and your mom introduced me to a really great radio comedy hour on Saturday evenings around 5 or 6 on KUER. I used to love that show.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home