Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Here's an old Sesame Street clip that I have to admit I stole from another friend's blog, but seeing as he and I don't have overlapping social circles, I think it's okay that I rebroadcast this greatness.

I'm the one with the hair.



So I'm exactly ten business days from re-entry. Into school, that is. I expect to be quite busy:

1) I'll be working 20 hours a week at my current job
2) I'm going to be working 6-10 additional hours as a TA for this one computer class
3) I'm going to squeeze in 16 hours of class somewhere in there, about half in the week and the other half as weekend seminars - luckily this activity doubles as exercise, as I'll be riding my bike the 10 miles from home to school as much as I can.
4) Sheri and I will become parents about half way through the semester (right in time for mid terms, I think) to a child who has shown every sign of being a full-time track star right out of the womb.

It's all coming, sooner than I think.

I'm not complaining - I mean, I'm the one who signed up to do all this stuff in the first place, and there's not one part of it that I'm not looking forward to, but at the same time busy-ness has its drawbacks. Like being incredibly, incredibly busy, for example. After the "leisurely" summer I've had working full time and caring for my darling pregnant sweetheart of a wife, it kind of feels like I'm standing against a wall waiting for a bare-knuckle punch from an Evander Holyfeld-type heavyweight.

End Transmission.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

So, uh, that clip didn't happen to come through your oldest sister, did it? Just checking.

Hang in there, Pete. You'll be great - I know it's all barreling towards you at once, but after it hits I think it will be okay.

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just keep on swimming, keep on swimming, keep on swimming . . .

Also, remember that wee babes do tend to sleep about 20 hours a day, so you can still have something of a life. I personally still felt drawn to obsessively stare at them while they were asleep, so had no other life. I guess you also never know which few hours of the day they will be awake, so you sit and stare at them sleeping wondering if they will wake up now . .. or now . . . . or now. . . ., so you don't get anything else done anyway. Hmmmm, I meant this to be comforting, but I think it isn't, so I will stop writing now.

MRL

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. you do have overlapping social circles, brother, unless I don't exist. My favorite from that entry is the Japanese ball rolling through mechanical contraptions thing. Check it out: http://www.lackhead.org/

MRL

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home